This Volvo instrument cluster is a very common failure for Volvo models built from 2000 – 2009, the common complaint is that the instrument cluster will fail completely with no lights or working gauges, only the engine management light will remain on.
The fault will usually start as intermittent (after driving for a few minutes) but will become permanent if left without correcting. You may also get the ‘SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT’ message show up on the instrument display.
Common Failure symptoms:
- Backlight failure
- Loss of gauges
- SRS-AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT warning message
- Complete failure of the dash cluster
Common fault codes:
- SRS0004 - SRS Lamp Faulty Signal
- DIM0002 - ABS Faulty Circuit
- DIM0003 - SRS Faulty Circuit
- DIM0005 - Red Lamp Faulty Circuit
- DIM0006 - Orange Lamp Faulty Circuit
or 546.25 inclusive