This is a repair service to Strip the whole unit down and replaces the defective / Worn out parts such as the motor assembly and also the accumulator
- Toyota Landcruiser 100 series
- Toyota Landcruiser Prado 120 / 150 series
- Lexus LX 100 series
- Lexus GS / SC series
- Mitsubishi Pajero NM-NW series
These Aisin and Advics units do not use the traditional vacuum assisted brake booster instead they incorporate a hydraulic brake booster with accumulator to store hydraulic pressure when needed. When these units fail the brake pedal feels hard and the driver no longer has assisted brakes. This can become a very dangerous situation.
Common faults include:
- The abs warning light & buzzer activates
- The brake pedal goes hard
- Pump motor failure
- Hydraulic brake booster pump motor open malfunction, fault code C1251
- Hydraulic brake booster pump on time abnormal long, fault code C1252
- Accumulator low pressure malfunction, fault code C1256
- Accumulator pressure system malfunction, fault code 57 (Mitsubishi)
The most common cause of pump motor failure is accumulator failure. To repair these faults, the price is the following.
- 700+GST, 805 incl GST for the accumulator replacement.
- 950+GST, 1095.25incl GST for motor rebuild.
We do recommend getting the accumulator replaced if the pump fails, as the accumulator is likely the cause for this original failure.
Total price for repair. 1650 +gst, or 1897.50 incl GST,